- Said goodbye to the Valpo group :-(
- Christmas shopped at the Christkindlesmarkt
- Baked Christmas cookies!
- Took my first German engineering final
- First big snow
- Got to see a real Christmas tree from the Black Forest, all lit up with candles!
- First Christmas away from home
- Had venison stew for Christmas dinner
- Ate lots of chocolate
- Wandered around an empty dorm, got excited when I bumped into another person for the first time in three days.
- Felt like a little kid at the Natural History Museum in Frankfurt am Main. Heehee Dinosaurs!
- Went to a Gospel Choir concert at the New Years Eve Gala. WooHoo!!
- Rang in 2010 with fireworks, champagne, singing, and wonderful friends
- Read a 1000-pg book in 4 days. Gotta love Ken Follett.
- Snow Snow Snow!!! for a week
- Ice skating!! and climbed the Achalm
- Visited Einstein's birthplace and saw the tallest church cathedral in the world (Ulm)
- Spent a magical two days in Freiburg and the Black Forest
- Flew off to Ireland
- Laid siege to the medieval castle of Killkenny....ha. jk. Just ate lunch there.
- Hiked over 20 km around the Killarney National Park
- Went through Kinder chocolate withdrawal. Sorry Cadbury. You're not good enough.
- Saw the western-most point in Ireland.
- Splashed in the Atlantic Ocean for the first time in 4 years.
- Biked around the Aran Islands
- Saw a 2000 B.C. fortress. Wow. Awesome!
- Hung out with awesome people in my Inis Mor hostel (think thriller movies, awesome homemade chef-worthy dinner, rainy days, and story-telling over good Irish beer)
- Watched the sunset over Galway.
- Woke up at 4 am for my flight back to the continent.
- Tried to fathom how it could be almost spring in Ireland but still deep in winter in Germany.
- Woke up (literally) to a new roommate
- Did massive amounts of laundry
- Started on this blog.....
And here we are! There's a massive amount of photos I've posted on Picasa, but some of them turned out really well, so I hope you have some time to look through them.
Off for walk!